Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Life of Pi by Yann Martel


Piscine (or Pi) was on his way from his home in India to Canada with his family when the Japanese ship they were on sank. Having been raised in a zoo, Pi understands animals are dangerous. He understands it even more now that he is trapped on a lifeboat with an adult Bengal tiger named Richard Parker. He is now shipwrecked with one tiger, one locker full of supplies, and the one God he prays to from three different religions.


Life of Pi left me a bit confused at the ending but in a good way. The kind of way that it's supposed to when a book is preaching especially about religion and faith.


The only real bone to pick with this book was that sometimes all the technical terms Martel uses leaves me a bit puzzled. I can't understand what's going on when I don't understand the "big words" he's using. It was little difficult to picture the lifeboat situation in my head.


However, I really liked the story and the writing style so I therefore give this book a review of:


No comments:

Post a Comment