Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins



Katniss Everdeen lives in District 12 in Panem (the post- United States country), where you can starve to death in safety. In order to feed her family, she goes hunting in the woods behind the fence where it is illegal to go with her friend Gale.

Each year, the Captiol of Panem forces each of the twelve districts to send two tributes- a boy and a girl- to participate in the Hunger Games, a fight to the death. The last one alive will have fame and fortune while the others will have their graves. Katniss volunteers to save her little sister, Prim, from going to the Hunger Games.

The Hunger Games is a great book. I love how much you get to be familiar with the new country. It is has excellent writing and is extremely hard to put down. I'm not one to get hooked on books to where I can't put them on the night stand, but this one had me at odds with whether I should sleep or read.

If you like action books, romance, and new worlds, you'll love the Hunger Games.

I'll give this wonderful book a review of:


No comments:

Post a Comment