Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong


Chloe Saunders was a normal film student, dreaming to be a director. Until she started seeing ghosts and got sent to Lyle House, a home for "troubled teens" with the diagnosis of schziophrenia. Chloe then found out that her roommates may not be just some kids with problems, but, dare I say, supernaturals.

After discovering Lyle House's true intentions, Chloe and her friends, Rae, Simon and Derek tried to escape but Chloe and Rae got caught in the process. Chloe tries to escape from the organization known as the Edison Group in order to rejoin Simon and Derek in their quest to find their missing father.
The Awakening was even better then the proceeding book, The Summoning. I loved every page of it, especially whenever Chloe would raise the dead (accidentally of course). A lot of the time I felt very sorry for Derek, where you can tell he likes Chloe but is too socially awkward to express those feelings without yelling at her.

On a scale of one to ten, this book is a twelve and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes supernatural phenomenon, ghost stories or a good "I don't know what they're going to do now" book. I cannot wait for the final book in the trilogy, The Reckoning.

I'll give the Awakening a review of:




No comments:

Post a Comment