Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hate List by Jennifer Brown



It has been five months since Valerie Leftman's boyfriend Nick shot up the high school, killing student, faculty and himself and injuring countless others including Valerie. Now Valerie has to pick up the pieces of her regretful life to finish her senior year at school.

The thing that got me to read Hate List was it's wonderful book trailer. I love watching book trailers and this one has a beautiful one and the story captivated me from the beginning.

From the first few pages I was hooked into Valerie's life. By the middle of the book I felt so close to her that I felt real anger when her dad started being so mean to her. The story was interesting and compelling but it didn't have much action in it. It was mostly about the aftermath of action.

If you are a fan of emotional books that make you almost or actually cry (yes when I finished it my eyes were glistening a bit) this is the book for you. If you are compelled to more action based and fantasy then I wouldn't really recommend it but you can try it. It depicts a few scenes from the shooting at the beginning.

Overall I really liked this book. I'll give it a review of:







No comments:

Post a Comment